Under 11s Red v Prestwood; Sunday 22nd September

23/09/2013 at 4:10 pm | Posted in Match Reports, Under 11s | Leave a comment

Sunday, 22nd September 2013 Westwood Park vs. Prestwood FC

Squad: Aakash, Akshay, Alex W, Archie, Charles, Chris M, Joe, Kian, Luke, Milan, Robert W and Sam

Coaches: Paul, Adam and Nick

A Special Report from our Chief Football Correspondent, Meera Patel.

This was our first game of the season and we took a squad of 12 players to Prestwood for a Red division match. With a quick warm up and a team talk from the coaches, we were ready to play. Starting off with Aakash, Chris and Joe as subs and Alex in goal, the other boys took their positions.

The game started and Prestwood FC showed good attacking skills but our boys held firm and fought back twice as hard. They worked well as a team and this gave them more confidence. We had some wonderful tackles from Kian and some good defence from Charles. About half way through the first half, Sam nearly scored from a good cross from Archie. Charles was replaced by and the boys carried on playing well and soon after, they earned a free kick. Luke stepped up to take it and hit a tremendousshot to score our first goal of the season! Time was ticking away in the first half and Sam was replaced by Chriswho got stuck into the game straight away and shortly after, did a fantastic volley but unfortunately missed the goal. . Half time was drawing closer and even with Milan’s amazing defending, Prestwood scored. The score was now 1-1 and the whistle blew for half time.

Adam and Paul gave a half time talk to our players and made some changes for the second half with Archie, Milan and Alex as subs and Christopher in goal. Our boys were eager to get back on the pitch anda few minutes into the second half, we had an attempted goal from Sam but Prestwood’s defense was solid. Soon after, Prestwood scored their second goal of the match. Our boys still held their heads high and started to fight back. Luke, Kian and Robert were replacedby Alex, Archie and Milan. We were close to scoring twice with Aakash and Archie just missing the goal by millimeters. Half way through the second half, Alex, Sam and Joe were replaced by Luke, Kian and Chris. With 7 minutes left the boys earned themselves a penalty. Kian stepped up to take it but unfortunately missed. The boy’s spirits rose though, as Luke scored in the last 5 minutes. The score was now 2-2 and our boys fought for a win. There were 20 seconds left of the game and just as we thought it was going to end as a draw, Robert scored from Luke’s corner making the score 3-2 to Westwood Park! The game soon finished and everyone was ecstatic with our victory – especially Jeanie who finished with a little jig on the pitch!

Well done to all the boys, who really enjoyed themselves and were all really pleased to win the first game of the season!

Leave a Comment »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: